Biscuits and gravy / William W. Johnstone and J.A. Johnstone.
- ISBN: 9781432899707
- ISBN: 1432899708
- Physical Description: 487 pages (large print); 22 cm.
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, Maine : Wheeler Publishing, 2022.
"A hot meal, a hard drink, and maybe a friendly hand of poker-that's all Mac Mackenzie wants when he drifts into the small town of Harcourt City, Montana. What he gets is a fistful of trouble. When he defends a saloon girl from the unwanted advances of some local toughs, he earns the wrath of the town's powerful namesake, Oscar Harcourt. Harcourt rules this place with an iron fist-and a steely eyed gang of thugs. Now he has his eyes on a ranch belonging to the saloon girl and her brother. A ranch they won't give up-without a fight. To raise funds, the brother and sister arrange a cattle drive to Rattlesnake Creek, and they want Mac to join them. As an experienced cattle pusher and chuckwagon cook, he's sure to be an asset. But as a secret gunslinger with a price on his head, he might end up getting them all killed. Now the cattle are ready to go. Mac is ready for anything. But with so many devils ridng on their tails, Mac is ready to turn up the heat-and send them back to hell . . "-- Provided by publisher.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Large type books.
Cooks > Fiction.
Cattle drives > Fiction.
Cowboys > Fiction.
Gunfighters > Fiction.
Hired killers > Fiction.
Frontier and pioneer life > West (U.S.) > Fiction.
Montana > Fiction.
Search for related items by series
- Chuckwagon trail western ; 4
- Wheeler Publishing large print softcover Western
- Johnstone, William W. Chuckwagon Trial Western.
- Johnstone, William W. Chuckwagon trail western ; 4.
- 4 of 9 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Doniphan-Ripley County.
- 1 current hold with 9 total copies.